Reports & Data Prepared on Request
We are currently in the process of documenting past data requests (2017-2023). The listing below represents a small sample of the inquiries we were able to assist with in Winter 2019-Summer 2020.
- July 2020: tPP data and early analysis provided to Sarah Lazare, In These Times
- July 2020: tPP data provided to Combating Terrorism Center at the United States Military Academy in West Point
- March 2020: tPP data and researcher interviews used for “Radicalization in the Ranks: Countering Military Extremism”, published by LTC Robert Payne, US Army War College.
- December 2019: “Active duty vs. discharged veterans and international vs. domestic affiliation in the Prosecution Project (tPP) dataset & Veteran versus civilian comparisons in the Prosecution Project (tPP) dataset” Two data reports prepared on request for US Army War College.
- March 2019: “Threatening and targeting of public officials in the Prosecution Project (tPP) dataset.” Data report prepared on request for media.
Additional data were provided to a variety of recipients including the National Lawyers Guild, the National Counter Terrorism Center (NCTC), the Bridging Divides Initiative (BDI), the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START), the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), Type Investigations, the January 6 Select Committee, the White House Gender Policy Council, the Congressional Research Service (CRS), George Washington University’s Program on Extremism (GW PoE), the Polarization and Extremism Research and Innovation Lab (PERIL), ProPublica, and the Center for Public Integrity.
Our team also fulfilled date requests for dozens and dozens of individual defense attorneys, researchers, podcasters, NGOs and university centers. One of our most common sources of requests if from journalists. While far from an exhaustive listing, tPP has provided data to journalists and investigators reporting for The New York Times, The Guardian, Al Jazeera, Politico, The Washington Post, the Philadelphia Inquirer, The LA Times, Reuters, The Wall Street Journal, The Associated Press, The Intercept, The Financial Times, Lawfare, USA Today, Christian Science Monitor, and NPR, amongst others.
Early Analysis Blog Briefs
Fall 2018-Spring 2019